Thursday, August 06, 2015

Shiny!

Scarf, rayon, polyester, linen, cotton, seed stitch, size 8 cable needle, 24 in.


I've had both of these novelty yarns for awhile and have wanted to put them to good use, so I waited until I felt like I had the right idea.  The railroad yarn with the pastel "ties" seemed to have too much color by itself, so I hit upon adding a black yarn, but I did not want something fuzzy - I wanted to keep the shiny aspect as the stronger texture.  The linen flags yarn from Japan seemed like the right idea.  Yes!




I think the attitude for this scarf is more like a pettit but strong accent, so the scarf is smaller than I commonly make, but still easy to tie or pin together to cover the shoulders or work as a headscarf.


The black background is formed from shiny polyester with some white strands that make it glint, and the cotton and linen yarn form a matt black depth so that the pastel bits pop out.



It's not quite transparent, but lacy enough so that anything under it will show through. This makes it a good summer scarf and a good party scarf.

This scarf is for sale along with about a dozen others in my etsy shop, Little Hands Studio: 

No comments: