Wednesday, May 09, 2007

In the studio




Crochet capelet, hemp, single crochet, size 3 aluminum hook

Here's the progress I've made on the November 1, 2006 entry. It took me awhile to think of what I wanted to do around the bottom below the ruffle. Notice on the right of the photo there are tendrils. Each has a bead on the end. It'll be a fringe of sorts.

The tendrils: ch19, add bead, turn, sl st, sc, half dc, dc, tr, dc, half dc, sc,sl st back to the beginning of the chain

There's a sort of crochet pendent at the end of each tendril.

I'm about a third of the way through the tendrils, and when I finish them I'll work on a neck line embellishment. Right now the neck is the basic chain that I did at the beginning, so it's austere when compared to the "out there" frilliness of the rest of the capelet. It will probably be a small picot edging with a small bead accent. The beads are very close to the color of the yarn, so they glint a teensy bit.

I can't wait to block this and see what happens!

No comments: