Saturday, December 22, 2012

Catching up - a fall of knitting

So here's a retrospective look at my fall knitting from this year.  I took two months off due to moving to a new home, and when I got revved up again I recalled all the joys of a huge work in progress bin!!
I've also been posting quite a bit on facebook, so go and like my facebook page!  http://www.facebook.com/littlehandsstudio/




The completed whites shawl - now at LOCAL in Lenox MA


A lovely cotton and linen fine guage triangle scarf/shawl


This is why I love seed stitch - it's a large shawl that is now at LOCAL in Lenox, MA


exploring cables, something I haven't done much


I love these cowls - they are throwbacks to my old "barbarian" style


This is  beautifully soft organic wool yarn from Germany


This is kid-lin, a strand of kid mohair loosely spun together with a strand of linen.  Great Adirondack did this fabulous dye job, making the linen strand red and the kid mohair strand a variegated black with other deep colors.



I rarely knit with yellow, and so this was a joy.


This green cashmere makes my fingers warm when I knit with it.


This is a huge cotton wide scarf.


These different black yarns are my score at Fabulous Yarns in Tivoli, New York and on the web.  The shop is tiny, but the yarns are dreamy.


Organic cotton chevron stitch.  I decided to finally try this classic stitch for my second baby blanket.


A nice grayed teal in wool with bamboo


I have so many white yarns that I wanted to do some more chevron stitch with them in a large shawl


I completed the wool and nettles blend at last!  This has ended up as a gift for a good friend.


More delicious cotton tape.  It's a pleasure to knit and I like this wide rib stitch for a very big shawl.


I've been trying things from the eyelets and lace book, and this is a six-row pattern that is lovely in the gray-pink silk and mohair.


The amazing technicolor dream shawl is getting done!!!!  I have about 20 more inches to knit - I'm hoping to get it done over the holiday break this year.

Shawl, mixed fibers - wool, mohair, nylon, silk; woven stitch, size 4 wood cable needle, 24 inches.

Previous entries:
December 2011


March 2009
September 2008



More from the eyelets and lace book - Debbie Bliss's Rialto chunky, which is a merino that is an absolute pleasure going through my fingers.


I got this angora and wool blend a few years ago and like the way it shows the subtle lace panels.


My trip to Habu Textiles in New York City bolstered my stash of exquisite silks and mohairs - two silk yarns and a linen paper yarn make up this fine guage fabric.



Lang yarns has developed this wonderfully soft brushed alpaca.  It's another yarn that makes my fingers warm as I knit.  That's nice now that the weather is cool.



Even though I get annoyed at the boucle loops with my needle tips get stuck in them, I like this frothy mohair yarn by Be Sweet.

No comments: