Saturday, September 13, 2008

In the studio - woven



Shawl, mixed fibers - wool, mohair, nylon, silk; woven stitch, size 4 wood cable needle, 24 inches.

This fabric will not have alot of drape, which is going to be quite a different endeavor for me. I'm using black as the base yarn, and I think that it makes the colors pop out from the fabric surface. It's a joy to work with a small selection of yarns that were also used in the prvious entry's piece. I decided to pull out my favorites and give them an unadulterated go. I have mixed feelings about the black effect, liking it one day and not so much another day. But I like the texture produced by this particular size needle and the yarns, which are similar to sport weight. The lack of any novelty yarn makes the fabric appear to be more woven than in any other piece I've made I'm definitely liking that effect.

No comments: