Wednesday, September 12, 2007

In the studio



Purse, polyester and metalic ribbon, size 9 plastic needles, "woven" stitch

This is finally off the needles and ready for lining, the rhinestone button, and a nice long shoulder strap.

I began browsing through my "finished" things and realized that I could fill a weekend doing all the final touches and making tags.

I make a tag for each item that includes a description of the stitches used or any other detail of the technique that might be interesting, care instructions, fiber content and it has a tiny bit of artwork to "brand" it. So now I make the artwork part in those odd moments when I just want to play around with something but don't want to get involved in a serious project. When I want to tag a finished piece I put the description and fiber content, etc.

No comments: