Monday, September 10, 2007

In the studio



Guest towel, organic naturally colored cotton, stockinette and reverse stockinette; garter stitch selvage; size 6, 9 in. bamboo needles

This is what happened after I saw a knitted guest towel in the Suss Cousins book. I think this cotton will make smashing towels. It has a beautiful soft hand and I think it'll hold up nicely through machine washing and drying. I like the effect of the positive/negative aspects in using sockinette and reverse stockinette, so I've started a pattern down the middle. A monogram would be very easy using this technique, but I'm going to keep the graphics abstract, using variations of geometric shapes. I expect that this will be about 14 x 24 inches, and will drape nicely on a towel rack.

I have three colors of this cotton, and I may use all of it on towels.

No comments: