Friday, September 07, 2007

Finished dress



Dress, linen tape, rib stitch, size 11 cable needle, 24 in.

Wow, no entries of this since November 10, 2006!

This is another very comfy knee-length house dress consisting of a tube with shoulder straps. I made this one a bit narrower than my first, (September 12, 2006) thinking that the rib stitch stretchiness would be fine. It is. The important thing is to make the tube big enough for my hips. Now I want to try one with smaller needles and thus a bit less stretchiness and a more firm fabric, still using rib stitch. I have a lot of cotton and linen around here to use for a project this size, and I do want to be able to toss it in the washer with no second thoughts.

This dress is shrinking a bit with machine washing and that is a good thing. The straps are stretching more than I would like, and I may shorten them. I may re-knit them with smaller needles. I don't know yet.

No comments: