Monday, March 17, 2008

Finished stole



Stole, silk and rayon, stockinette st with garter "rib", size 10.5 aluminum needle, 10 in.

I used for inspiration the Colinette patterns in the book "Nostalgia", using two very different weights of yarn. As you can see, the results are very interesting. I've been trying stripes using this idea for a couple months now. some I like, some have not made the cut.

The stole requires a fastener, something I've only done one other time. It isn't long enough to stay on without one. I have mixed feelings about it, but I think it looks really good. I hesitate to itegrate any sort of fastener into the stole myself, because then that limits the wearer's option to whatever I have chosen. If I leave it as is, then a brooch or other fastener can be used in several different ways.

No comments: