Monday, June 20, 2005

Knitting blogs - oh my!

I was back at the Woodstock Wool Company yesterday. That's because it's a swell place to hang out and knit, think about knitting and talk about knitting. Heidi and I had a really good conversation about knitting and business.

The most fun tip I got yesterday was to go and look at Queer Joe's knitting blog. Woo hoo!

The knitting I did at the WWC was part knitting and part selecting yarns. As you can see from the photos I've become enthralled with making textiles that are composed of many yarns. So yesterday I was pulling balls from a bag of about 30 different yarns and snipping lengths of about 2 to 3 feet. I tied together the snippets, intermingling various tans, light greens and other color tints with a Euroflax tan. It'll be somewhat similar to the "moss" shawl that I did in March and posted here in the blog. I'm using the "mossy" yarns again, so it'll be shaggy. But I think it'll be my last really shaggy shawl. It's time to move on after this one last fling.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh You! I knew you would love QueerJoe. I'm sorry I didn't get to spend more time with you but the In-Laws were in town and well, you get the picture; at least I can come here and stay in touch.