Tuesday, June 03, 2014

In the studio - aqua silks and alpaca



The rib stitch is best seen in the left photo on the bottom right.

Shawl, mixed fibers: silk, alpaca, bamboo, nylon, metal sequins, beads; rib and mesh "simple lace" stitch; size 7 aluminum cable needle, 32 in.

As I was working on another shawl with lighter value colors I came across the left over yarn from this scarf  (January 1, 2014 entry) and wanted to take advantage of the uplifting feeling I get from aqua.  I scrounged through the stash and found some other lovely aqua remnants and decided to try this lovely rib stitch.

I worked most of one day figuring out the pattern with a couple of other yarns, so I thought doing a little more of it would help me get into the rhythm of it.  I was skipping a comma in the first pattern row and doing  k2tog yo twice instead of k2tog, yo twice.  After working on that other piece and now this piece I don't think I can mess up easily.

I'm doing long rows of 300 stitches so it will self fringe on the short ends.

No comments: