Thursday, September 01, 2005

Books



Apologies for the photo-my usual source doesn't have one for this book.
The Art of Knitting is a book I've been stalking for weeks. I'm fondling copies of it in shops and letting my eyes wander all over the delightful photography. It looks terrifically inspirational. Some day the urge may strike when I'm not saving pennies for other things and I'll get to take it home to bed (now shared with a rather tasteless fall issue of Knitter's magazine). The Art of Knitting looks both inspiring and educational. It's the first book I think I've ever seen that mixes discussions and illustrations of machine knitting and hand knitting.

Here's the full cite: The Art of Knitting: Inspirational Stitches, Textures, and Surfaces by Francoise Loumagne Tellier, June 2005, published by Thames & Hudson
ISBN: 0-500-28557-8 320p. $39.95

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Imagine Thousands Of Links Back To Your Web Site From Other People's Blogs!

Anonymous said...

Hi there Lorre, I was just traveling through looking for some interesting stuff on impressionist art and I came upon your Blog. I haven’t seen what I was after regarding Books, but I’m going to carry on searching for more information on impressionist art related stuff. By the way your Blogs great.

Anonymous said...

Hi there Lorre, I was just cruising the blogosphere searching for the latest information on poster art and came across this great blog. Although Books wasn’t quite what I was looking for, it has excellent articles. I see now why I found your page when I was looking for poster art related topics. I’m glad I stop by, keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

High Google and Yahoo link popularity can be yours,

Anonymous said...

Well hello there Lorre, I was just searching for some ideas on art and craft when I happened on to your Blog. Although Books isn’t quite what I was looking for, it was for more information on art and craft. You’ve still got a great Blog here.