Saturday, December 17, 2011

Starting a new rib stitch cowl


Cowl, mohair, wool, nylon, acrylic fibers; size 9 plastic straight needles, 11".

I'm using about 10 yarns for this cowl, which I am knitting from bottom to top on straight needles.  I'll make it about 10 inches tall.  I'm using a purple as the "base" color, switching randomly and using the base color every three yarns:

I have 10 yarns that are analogous colors on the color wheel with one yarn that has a color from the other side of the color wheel:
A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J

each yarn strand is about 4 feet long and I'm using them in this order:

A, B, C, A, D, E, A, F, G, A, H, I, A, J, B, A, C, D, A

I'll do that about 2 times then randomize the non - A yarn colors so that there is not a repeating stripe pattern, but a more varied color mix.

No comments: