Sunday, July 20, 2008

In the studio - bronze shawl



Triangle shawl, nylon and lurex, garter stitch, size 5 cable needle, 24" and size 13 cable needle, 16"

Since my Mac is sitting right here where I do most of my knitting, I decided to try the camera - yes, I'm lazy.

Compare with March 7, 2008 in the studio, which was soon after I started. Now that I'm closer to taking it off the needles I have to decide about the applique pieces. I have the horizontal panels the way I want them and will put the applique in the larger panels. Because of the needle size this has ended up being an enormous amount of knitting, but it's worth it for the texture. I think with a larger needle it would just be too flabby.

Since I happen to be working with a number of different pieces of this guage, I feel like I'm not getting anywhere with any of them!

No comments: