Friday, August 10, 2007

In the studio - circle scarf



Capelet, mixed fibers: silk, nylon, rayon, wool, cotton, lurex, size 11 cable needle, 24 in.

I've just about run the course with these capelets and must begin to think of something else for my textile experiments. I apologize for the *bleargh* colors. I keep trying to get the right purple and for some very strange reason my camera will simply not do purple. And all my tinkering in photoshop cannot make up for that fact. I can only hope that some day I'll finally become good enough with the camera to capture it.

In any event, this purple is a purple silk made by Noro and it's simply the dreamiest deep purple I've seen in a very long time. And I'm a purple hound. I'm stymied a bit with this capelet because I'm not getting a good feeling from the color combination. The purple needs something different than what I have here. So I'm predicting this will transmogrify into another shape with different colors. I suppose I'll consider it something like a first draft.

No comments: