Thursday, December 10, 2020

Blue gray basketweave variation


Wash cloth, cotton, basket weave stitch, size 1 needles, 7inches, bamboo

No, this is not cable stitch.  Looks like it, but it is a basket weave variation from a long line of experiments.  I like varying the number of rows and the numbers of knit and purl stitches in order to obtain these patterns.  The washcloth doesn't take very long and the worsted cotton shows the stitch definition beautifully.  

This is also a variation on the old garter stitch diagonal pattern wash cloth given away by aunt Shirley, or maybe your mother in law.  

I love to give these away.  I have a large back of keins of Rowan Hand Knit Cotton and when the mood hits I pull out a skein and think of a basketweave variation I have not yet tried.

No comments: