Monday, April 19, 2010

In the studio - stash from Webs



For those of you who have yet to be introduced, Webs is a wonderful yarn store in Northampton, MA, a.k.a. www.yarn.com A few friends and I have a habit of meeting in Northampton to catch up with one another and enjoy a communal day of shopping and hanging out. Webs is always on our itinerary.

The one huge pleasure that I love most is that not only do you get to shop a rather large yarn store that serves both the knitting/crocheting crowd (and I'm sure at least a few tatters) but the weaving crowd as well. They've left the doors to their warehouse in the back open so you can wander back and pretty much have a go at the whole stock. It's not pretty, but the bargains are neck deep and higher. This visit I was very pleased to see the younger set making thrilling discoveries in the warehouse. I hope to see more and more in future.

Several overstuffed lounge chairs are a welcome site for many a weary shopper and husband, and I think they help make the atmosphere casual and very friendly.

This stash is a small compromise of shopping pleasure and the knowledge that I just got two rather large bags of free stash from a friend. I got that cone because my companions discovered the $5.00 cone sale shelves and...I just couldn't help myself. That and I'm a crocheter and one can never have too much crochet cotton on hand.



Taking about 18in lengths of each yarn in the new collection, I'm creating this diagonal garter stitch scarf. It's an unusual combination of pinks with a lot of blue and greens with a lot of blue and some just plain blue, and I'm liking it a lot.

Mixed fibers, cotton, wool, silk, nylon, microfiber, rayon, linen; diagonal garter stitch, size 10 cable needle, 30 in (too long!)

No comments: