Monday, November 05, 2007

In the studio




Tote bag, single crochet, unknown hook size (unmarked plastic from mom's collection) linen, silk, approximately 14 x 18 inches.

I have loved every second of working on this bag! The linen and silk yarns are wonderful and I think the bag is what I wanted when I started. It still needs lining, and the straps will be one big tube loop that goes under the bottom, adding stability to the fabric.

All of the linen is from the New York Sheep and Wool Festival in Rhinebeck, New York. I have a history of buying linen at the wool festival -- fun!

I also finally started messing around with white balance and EV level in my camera and I think this is the best captured lavender EVER!! Thanks to Etsy Labs and their workshop on photographing artwork.

No comments: