Thursday, May 25, 2006

In my knitting bag

I've been browsing around on Men Who Knit and Women Who Knit and came across a What's in your knitting bag?" post.

I don't really have a knitting bag. I think my equivalent is my "in progress" bin. It's so full of projects that I quail at the thought of trying to describe all of them. But I'm trying to get ready for a local street festival called "Art on Lark" so I'm running flat out to finish lots of stuff.

While down at the Woodstock Wool Company a couple weeks ago I picked up one of their mondo skeins of beautiful pima cotton. They dye it there, and the colors reminded me of Florida, where I spent the winter. I'm making it a derivation of Sally Melville's "Shape it!" scarf, and the colors of the yarn are the most beautiful in the long, slim rows, almost like ikat woven color changes. Me likes!

No comments: