Tuesday, April 18, 2006

In the studio



Capelet, cotton and silk chenile yarn: Noro "Sumile", rib stitch, size 11 cable needle, crochet neck edge, button closure (to come soon)

This is my first stab at decreasing in the rib stitch pattern, and I'm not entirely pleased, but have lots of ideas about how to do it next time. This is basically the pattern that I've been using for the past six or seven capelets, but I knitted it back and forth with the idea that I wanted to try some closures and experiment with various combinations of buttons and loops, etc.

I had almost this exact same yarn in the 70s and didn't know what to do with it. This time I'm enjoying every second of it and wish I had about twice this much. But...I'll be happy with what's coming up next nonetheless.

1 comment:

LorreS said...

Thanks - got the yarn in a Webs (www.yarn.com) grab bag, so I have plenty more and can keep playing.