Monday, April 01, 2024

Cotton Ribbon Basket Prototype


Basket, cotton ribbon, crochet, size G aluminum hook


,
I began with a vaguely square bottom and then stopped increasing at about 4 in. x 4 in. or 10cm x 10cm




At this stage the bottom wasn't very stable.


I added a foot, so it's a footed basket.


The cotton strips that make up the ribbon are knotted together, which meant a lot of cute knot tails, but not a nice inside for the basket.  How to finish?


I untied all the knots and sewed the ends down with running stitch. It was very labor intensive, to the degree that I probably won't use the same techniques again.  


In profile - there may be embellishments of embroidery or applique.



If you want to see more everyday photos of what I am doing I post frequently on Instagram @journalofathousandlives

 

No comments: